Pathfinder receives Five-Star safety rating
The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) has given the 2017 Nissan Pathfinder a Five-Star safety rating
The refreshed 2017 Nissan Pathfinder has earned a Five-Star overall vehicle safety rating as part of the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) New Car Assessment Program (NCAP).
Beginning with the 2011 model year, NHTSA introduced more stringent tests and requirements in order to earn Five-Star ratings.
RELATED: Pathfinder refreshed for 2017
The previous Pathfinder earned a Five-Star NCAP rating each year since 2014.
Standard safety and security features include:
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System with dual-stage front supplemental air bags with seat belt sensors and occupant classification sensor,
- Supplemental front seat-mounted side-impact air bags,
- Roof-mounted supplemental curtain air bags for side impact and rollover head protection for outboard passengers in all three rows (includes rollover sensor),
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) – second row outboard seating positions only,
- Child safety rear door locks,
- Vehicle Dynamic Control and Traction Control System.