Nissan Offers Stay Home Car Care Tips
Nissan says keeping a vehicle clean to protect the paint can be a great family-friendly activity.
There are a few simple vehicle-care techniques for drivers to remember when they may not be driving or driving infrequently.
“The shelter-in-place orders in effect throughout much of the United States and Canada mean that many vehicles are seeing infrequent, if any, use,” said Ryan Fulkerson, director, New Model Engineering, Nissan North America.
“The longer a vehicle sits unused, the more likely it is to develop issues. By taking a few key steps, drivers can keep their cars running smoothly.”
Here are five tips from Nissan:
• Keep the battery charged – a short drive or a trickle charger will work.
• Drive around the block – this keeps the battery charged and fluids circulating.
• Check the fluids – maintaining proper oil and transmission fluid levels will prevent problems down the road.
• Maintain recommended tire pressure – this helps to prevent flat spots when your vehicle is sitting.
• Wash your vehicle regularly – this helps to protect the paint, especially for vehicles parked outdoors.
“Following some of these tips will help to keep your car in shape,” said Fulkerson.
“Washing a car yourself can also relieve boredom and be a great activity for the entire family.”
If a vehicle requires more attention, remember that automotive dealerships and their service departments are deemed essential services while many businesses around the country are closed in response to government mandates aimed at slowing the spread of COVID-19.