Chevrolet Performance has announced the all-new LS427/570 crate engine — an enhanced version of the production-based LS7 7.0-litre engine.
It supplies offers more horsepower, more torque and, thanks to a simpler wet-sump oiling system, easier installation.
A new, high-lift camshaft developed specifically for this engine helps produce a GM-estimated 570 hp and 540 lb/ft of torque.
That is an increase of 65 hp and 70 lb/ft over the regular-production engine — while the new wet-sump oiling system eliminates the need for the installer to incorporate a separate oil tank, oil lines and other ancillary components to support the production LS7’s dry-sump system.
Compared to the production LS7 crate engine assembly, the LS427/570 features an F-body aluminum oil pan and a specific wet-sump oil pump.
Additional engine highlights include:
• Unique high-lift hydraulic roller camshaft with 0.591-inch intake/0.590-inch exhaust lift; 227-degree intake/242-degree exhaust duration; and a lobe separation angle of 116 degrees
• Unique high-rate valve springs
• Camaro fifth-generation Z/28 exhaust manifolds
• Low-profile LS7 EFI intake manifold with fuel rails, injectors and throttle body installed
• Robust LS7 rotating assembly featuring a forged steel crankshaft and titanium connecting rods
• CNC-ported cylinder heads featuring 2.20-inch titanium intake valves and 1.61-inch sodium-filled exhaust valves
• Fourteen-inch Camaro Z/28 168-tooth manual transmission flywheel
• Must be used with LS427/570 Engine Controller P/N 19420000 (sold separately)
• Chevrolet Performance recommends Mobil 1 15W50 fully synthetic motor oil to be used with the engine
The new LS427/570 is available for immediate ordering through Chevrolet Performance dealers and retailers or go to Chevrolet Performance
to locate a dealer.