10 Reasons You Need to Visit Strada Car Show
Strada has a huge social media following, with over 20k followers. They have hundreds of GTA car lovers that show up once a week to have a good time and share their affinity for cars.
What started out as a car lover meeting, has become arguably the biggest weekly car show in the GTA
In 2015, the Strada crew began meeting weekly at local empty parking lots to share tips about souping up their cars. Over a year later, Strada has a huge social media following, with over 20k followers. They have hundreds of GTA car lovers that show up once a week to have a good time and share their affinity for cars. Through time, Strada has become much more than a meet; it’s a production, an event that you don’t want to miss – and here are 10 reasons why:
1. Supercars: Stop by to check out the high end exotics, muscle cars, suped-up imports, tuners, and more. Strada tells us they often have theme nights where you can even catch some unique motorcycles and rat rods.
You may also like: A Visual Tour of the 2016 Toronto Auto Show
2. Once in a while a celebrity car lover will pop-in unannounced. Recently, boxing legend George Chuvalo stopped by.
3. It is not often that you find a car meet that has comfortable facilities. Strada is always set up at a high end location; the organizers put a lot of thought into where they hold the car shows. There are always indoor washroom facilities, and the show is always at a comfortable venue with lots of space to hold a lot of cars and a lot of people.
4. Cars for a Cause: The Strada team will raise funds for a different charitable cause whenever they can. Once a month they aim to feature a charity tent that brings awareness to a great cause. This summer they helped raise over $1300 for Operation Smile Canada in one night. Another night, they featured a pink lemonade stand for Breast Cancer Awareness week.
5. Of course Strada has beverages on hand, but they also have a license to serve liquor. Grab a beer while you walk around and check out the scene.
6. Over 500 people show up to Strada every week. Most of them are recurring guests, which is an indication of a good time.
7. As we mentioned, Strada is a production. There is always a main area with a DJ booth at their shows, bumping music loudly out of gigantic speakers. They often have an MC as well. When Wheels attended; they held a MTV-style rap battle for anyone who wanted to step up to the plate.
8. Strada loves to giveaway prizes to their fellow car lovers. Whether it is a t-shirt or a bumper sticker; they try to give away free stuff at least once a week. They even aim to have cash draws as often as possible.
9. RaceWars is a division of Strada. It’s a monthly Motorsports event hosted at the Toronto Motorsports Park. It features drag racing, drifting, and open lapping on the circuit. They also have a categorized Show N’ Shine with trophies and cash prizes. Bring your ride to Strada; it could get an invite to RaceWars.
10. Strada caters to people of all ages. If your little ones love cars, bring them! If you and your friends are looking for something to do on a weeknight, stop by. Everyone is welcome to walk around, take pictures with cars and share them on social media – it’s a very friendly environment.
You may also like: Gravenhurst Car Show – Classic automobiles by the lake