Car insurance is a big expense for most drivers. There are many factors that play a role in determining your insurance rate.
Here are a few mistakes to avoid that may cause an increase in your rate:
- Receiving a traffic ticket
- Causing a car accident (being deemed at-fault)
- Failure to shop around for car insurance
- Not reviewing your policy at renewal
- Failing to take advantage of multi-policy discounts
- Not being prepared for a new driver
- Keeping secrets from your insurance company
At all times, you should follow the rules of the road and avoid a ticket and accident from occuring.
And make sure you shop around for car insurance quotes, as each insurance company determines their own insurance rates!